- Demographic information – the 3D-DMA™ captures all the demographic information that we know puts athletes at risk. Whether it is gender, previous orthopedic injury or sport, we know there are certain demographic factors that influence risk. This system captures that weighs that in the risk rating developed at the conclusion of the test.
- Automated movement assessment of the movements we know are correlated to injury risk and performance issues. With the Kinect v2, this allows for:
- Improved accuracy – 3D system that is tracking within 1/8th of an inch
- Improved intra/inter-rater reliability – with the 3D technology the system will be quantifying the movement and is independent of the rater
- Improved sensitivity – system that scores every repetition resulting in scoring system with high degree of sensitivity to small changes in movement
- Improved efficiency – with the system the assessment is performed in 8 minutes and report is instantaneous generated
- Asymmetrical performance – we know that asymmetry in single limb performance puts an athlete at risk both with sport and with return to sport. This system provides a sensitive closed kinetic chain assessment of symmetry in two ways:
- Symmetry of movement – this test will provide a score for the right side and the left side based on movement in three different tests with a highly sensitive scoring system which is sensitive to minor changes in movement.
- Symmetry in power output – this test will provide the peak power, average power and power over time for the right side and the left side based on single limb performance. Measurement of both movement and power allows you to see clearly the impact on both risk and performance.
- Automated reporting – this test takes 8 minutes to complete and the system will provide you with a comprehensive report with overall score, risk factor as well as what should be done to improve movement identified. The system will also plot next to each test on the report a pictorial representation (in jpg) of your movement on each test.
- Movement database – A.C.L., LLC is devoted to advancing the science and technology of injury prevention and research. As such, we have built this system with a HIPAA database that will capture movement information (not personal information) from every user. Doing so will allow us to build the largest movement database ever assembled. This will provide the largest data source for advancing the science of movement!
Monday, July 28, 2014
Advancing the Science & Technology of Injury Prevention & Performance Enhancement
PART II - TAKING GAMING TECHNOLOGY TO A NEW LEVEL!
In our last article we talked about the research behind movement assessment and some recent advancements in technology. It is this advancement in technology that has allowed for some true innovation in injury prevention and performance enhancement. In March 2014, A.C.L., LLC was chosen as 1 of only 100 companies worldwide granted pre-programming access to the new Microsoft Kinect v2. Microsoft has and is revolutionizing the 3D camera market with the Kinect v2. With the increased accuracy of this affordable technology, A.C.L., LLC has been able to program the Kinect v2 to capture and quantify all the information known to put athletes at risk for injury and which also decreases athletic performance. With the development of the 3D-DMA™, for the first time, we will have a fully automate and standardized movement assessment to accurately assess risk and performance issues.
What makes the 3D-DMA™ so unique is the totality of the system. Some of the unique features of the 3D-DMA™ are:
3D-DMA™ Advancing the Science and Technology of Injury Prevention and Performance Enhancement. Be a part of the evolution and don’t let the movement pass you by. For more information on the 3D-DMA™ or special discounted pre-release sales pricing contact us at email@example.com
Build Athletes to Perform…Build Athletes to Last!™