Monday, August 24, 2020

One hour Q&A with Dr. Nessler

Over the last 15+ years I have had the pleasure of divulging into one of my true passions.  Teaching.  I initially started teaching for MDs, DCs, PTs, ATCs and strength coaches back in 1997.  Since then, I have been blessed to teach all over the US and abroad.  I love sharing the passion for what we do, how we do it and what we are learning.  Last year alone, I was blessed to teach at 35+ conferences in the US.  Since COVID-19, this has led to an entirely new way of teaching for me, virtually.  Although I fully anticipated this to be the year that I did a lot less teaching, it has actually turned out to be one of the busiest teaching years yet.  

This blog was initially started as a way to provide the athletes I treated with an avenue to get reliable evidence based information.  However, it has expanded to be much more than that.  Today, we get over 100 views a day and majority of these are professionals looking for evidence based information.  I am honored you would come here for that.  You have no idea how seriously I take that.  Over the five history of this blog, I have never done a video Q&A.  Recently, however, I was afforded the opportunity to take live Q&A about movement, what we are learning and how we can apply this to our practice.  

In an effort to give back to my faithful viewers, I decided to try something a little different for this series.  I have broken this one hour Q&A into small 2-3 minute snippets.  I hope you enjoy and if this is something you would like to see more of or some specific questions, please message me on either instagram or twitter (both below) and I am happy to address.

Question 1: What was the inspiration to start looking at movement at the depth you do for the last 20 years?



Question 2: How did you choose the movements that you look at and why?



Question 3: How are you evaluating movement for making more informed return to play decisions?




I hope you found this information valuable.  Next week, we will have the next three Q&A from the webinar.  As always, I appreciate all our followers and hope you find the information we provide useful in your practice with your athletes.  If you do, please follow me on instragram @bjjpt_acl_guy and Twitter @acl_prevention.  I also just launched a new website, www.drtrentnessler.com.  My vision is to create a movement revolution in the world of ACL rehab.  Check it out, hear more about my story and where we are headed.  Train hard and stay well.  #ViPerformAMI #ACLPlayItSafe

Dr. Nessler is a practicing physical therapist with over 20 years sports medicine clinical experience and a nationally recognized expert in the area of athletic movement assessment and ACL injury prevention.  He is the founder | developer of the ViPerform AMI,  ViPerform AMI RTPlay, the ACL Play It Safe Program, Run Safe Program and author of a college textbook on this subject.  Trent has performed >5000 athletic movement assessments in the US and abroad.  He serves as the National Director of Sports Medicine Innovation for Select Medical and movement consultant for numerous colleges and professional teams.  Trent also a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu purple belt and complete BJJ/MMA junkie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment