Monday, August 26, 2013
Reference List for Webpt Article
1. Beckett M, Massie D, Bowers K, Stoll D. Incident of hyperpronation in the ACL injured knee: a clinical perspective. J Athl Train. 1992;27:5862.
2. Cerulli G, Benoit DB, Caraffa A, Ponteggia F. Proprioceptive training and prevention of anterior cruciate ligament injuries in soccer. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2001;31:655-660.
3. Cross K, Gurka K, Saliba S, Conaway M, Hertel J. Comparison of hamstring strain injury rates between make and female intercollegiate soccer athletes. Am J Sports Med. 2013;41:742-748.
4. Darrow C, Collins C, Yard E, Comstock D. Epidemiology of severe injuries among United States high school athletes: 2005-2007. Am J Sports Med. 2009;37:1798-1805.
5. Earl, J; Hock, A. A Proximal Strengthening Program Improves Pain, Function and Biomechanics in Women with Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome. Am J Sports Med. 2011; 39:154-163.
6. Grifﬁn LY, Agel J, Albohm MJ. Noncontact anterior cruciate ligament injuries: risk factors and prevention strategies. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2000;8:141-150.
7. Grindem, H; Eitzen, I; Moksnes, H; Mackler, L; Risberg, M. “A Pair-Matched Comparison of Return to Pivoting Sports at 1 Year in Anterior Cruciate Ligament-Injured Patietns After a Nonoperative Versus an Operative Treatment Course”. Am j sports med. 2012; 40:2509-2516.
8. Hama H, Yamamuro T, Takeda T. Experimental studies on connective tissue of the capsular ligament: inﬂuences of aging and sex hormones. Acta Orthop Scand. 1976;47:473-479.
9. Holm, I; Oiestad, B; Risberg, M; Gunderson, R; Aune, A. “No Difference in Prevalence of Osteoarthritis or Function After Open Versus Endoscopic Technique for Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: 12 Year Follow-up Report of Randomized Controlled Trial”. Am j sports med. 2012; 40:2492-2498.
10. Hootman J, Dick R, Agel J. Epidemiology of Collegiate Injuries for 15 Sports: Summary and recommendations for injury prevention initiatives. J Athl Train. 2007; 42:311-319.
11. Huegel M, Meister K, Rolle G, Idelicator P, Hartzel J. The inﬂuence of lower extremity alignment in female population on the incidence of noncontact ACL tears. Sun Valley, ID: 23rd Annual Meeting of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine; 1997.
12. Knapik J, Bauman C, Jones B, Harris J, Vaughan L. Preseason strength and ﬂexibility imbalances associated with athletic injuries in female collegiate athletes. Am J Sports Med. 1991;1:76-81.
13. Mandelbaum, B. R., Silvers, H. J., Watanabe, D. S., Knarr, J. F., Thomas, S. D., Griffin, L. Y., Kirkendall, D. T., and Garrett, W., Jr.: Effectiveness of a Neuromuscular and Proprioceptive Training Program in Preventing Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries in Female Athletes: 2-Year Follow-up. Am J Sports Med. 2005; 33:1003-1010.
14. McCullough, K; Phelps, K; Spindler, K; Matava, M; Dunn, W; Parker, R; Reinke, E. Return to High School – and College-Level Football After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: A Multicenter Orthopaedic Outcomes Network (MOON) Cohort Study. Am j sports med. 2012; 40:2523-2529.
15. McNair P, Marshall R. Landing characteristics in subjects with normal and anterior cruciate ligament deﬁcient knee joints. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1994;75:584-589.
16. Myer G; Ford, K; McLean, S; Hewett, T. “The effects of plyometric versus dynamic stabilization and balance training on lower extremity biomechanics”. Am J sports med. 2006; 34:445- 455.
17. Orchard J, Seward H, McGivern J, Hood S. Intrinsic and extrinsic risk factors for anterior cruciate ligament injury in Australian footballers. Am J Sports Med. 2001;29:196-200.
18. Padua, D; DiStefano, L; Marshall, S; Beutler, A; Motte, S; DiStefano, M. Retention of Movement Pattern Changes After a Lower Extremity Injury Prevention Program is Affected by Program Duration. Am J Sports Med. 2012; 40: 355-368.
19. Tourville T, Johnson R, Slauterbeck J, Naud S, Beynnon B. Relationship between markers of Type II collagen metabolism and tibiofemoral joint space width changes after ACL injury and reconstruction. Am J Sports Med. 2013; 41:779-787.
20. Woodford-Rodgers B, Cyphert L, Denegar C. Risk factors for anterior cruciate ligament injury in high school and college athletes. J Athl Train. 1994;29:346-346.